Number Six Hot-Pour Shave Soap
We offer our premium shaving soaps for men seeking to elevate the experience of the traditional wet shave with a return to the essentials—in ingredients, form, and practice. Made in small batches and hand-poured in the traditional, handcrafted style, our Number Six Shave Soap uses our concentrated plant-based formula, devoid of added chemicals, that allows the soap to easily whip into a rich, frothy lather with only a few strokes of your preferred shave brush. When applied, the generous amounts of coconut oil and glycerin work together to soften hairs and lubricate skin to give your blade a superior glide, allowing for a luxuriously smooth shave that leaves skin hydrated.
Our Number Six Shave Soap receives its fragrance from the same exquisite botanical oils from our historic Number Six fragrance, first created in 1772 by Caswell-Massey. With beautiful opening notes of citrus, neroli, bergamot & rosemary, you'll soon understand why President George Washington selected our Number Six as his preferred fragrance, especially as the character-building amber influence arises on the dry-down to rose, musk, and myrrh. Quite frankly, your morning ritual deserves the presidential treatment.
Shop our entire family of Number Six products here.
- Start with a clean face. Wash with hot water or begin shave after showering.
- Soak shave brush of your choice until fully wet.
- Swirl the shaving brush in the hard soap a few times until the brush is loaded with soap. You don’t need to work up a lather in the tin—the lather will develop on your beard.
- Develop a rich lather using circular motions across your beard until small bubbles develop and a lather starts to build.
- Shave using preferred razor.
- Rinse clean with cold water and apply aftershave or toner.
- Drain excess water from shave soap tin, let air dry, and replace lid on tin.
We've formulated our Hot-Pour Shave Soaps to provide such superior lubrication and razor glide that the high coconut oil content eliminates the need for pre-shave oils. Simply lather, shave, and rinse for the cleanest wet shave imaginable.
- Coconut oil to reduce inflammation aided by natural antimicrobial properties
- High concentration of vegetable-based glycerin provides superior skin hydration, especially important when used with safety razors
- Coconut oil and glycerin combine to add stability for creation of dense lather
- Concentrated formula allows our shave soaps to last longer than shave creams
- 150g soap
- Premium resealable tin
- No parabens, sulfates, or phthalates
- Made in the USA
The natural ingredients in this shaving cream can be affected by extreme temperatures, and excessive heat during shipping or travel can cause the product to liquify. Place product in a cool location to solidify. This does not affect performance.
I won't reiterate what everyone has said about the performance of CM shave soaps, always excellent. I want to concentrate on reviewing the scent of Number Six. This is a soap and not an EDP or EDT so there is no dry down for the bases notes to emerge. With a long list of fragrances; Citrus, Neroli, Bergamot and Rosemary for top notes and Amber, Rose, Musk and Myrrh for the base notes, you get a scent that is very complex, with no one specific fragrance to be identified as its signature. Instead you get a unique blended scent that has a very clean/fresh vibe to it that is both citrus and floral with no distinct fruit or flower overtones. The scent does not have a sharpness to the nose as some florals and there is no bite to the nose as some citrus scents my have. What is presented is a nice blend of both that is somewhat warm and some what woodsy, again a complex mix. Number Six stirs up a curiosity to the outsider that begs for more to satisfy one's curiosity. If you like a clean fresh scent that does not smell like Pine-Sol, Citronella, or Lemon Pledge, and not over powering, you will find this to be exactly what you are looking for. This is CM top seller and is it clearly justified. I bought this on a blind purchase and after opening the tin, I new this was going to be my summer favorite.
My husband said this is the best shave soap that he has ever used. He is a traditional, soap and brush, single edge razor man, and said that it foamed beautifully, lathered evenly and shaved like a dream. I bought him this and the Number 6 Supernatural cologne for Valentine's Day...so this was a new scent for both of us, quickly became his favorite scent...and mine. If you are a fan of traditional shaving ablutions, husband says this as an absolute treat.
Old #6 is the best line for shaving. Tried most of the others and #6 is the clear winner.
Great lather, great scent. I love it. My wife likes it. Total WIN!