Number Six Hot-Pour Shave Soap
We offer our premium shaving soaps for men seeking to elevate the experience of the traditional wet shave with a return to the essentials—in ingredients, form, and practice. Made in small batches and hand-poured in the traditional, handcrafted style, our Number Six Shave Soap uses our concentrated plant-based formula, devoid of added chemicals, that allows the soap to easily whip into a rich, frothy lather with only a few strokes of your preferred shave brush. When applied, the generous amounts of coconut oil and glycerin work together to soften hairs and lubricate skin to give your blade a superior glide, allowing for a luxuriously smooth shave that leaves skin hydrated.
Our Number Six Shave Soap receives its fragrance from the same exquisite botanical oils from our historic Number Six fragrance, first created in 1772 by Caswell-Massey. With beautiful opening notes of citrus, neroli, bergamot & rosemary, you'll soon understand why President George Washington selected our Number Six as his preferred fragrance, especially as the character-building amber influence arises on the dry-down to rose, musk, and myrrh. Quite frankly, your morning ritual deserves the presidential treatment.
- Start with a clean face. Wash with hot water or begin shave after showering.
- Soak shave brush of your choice until fully wet.
- Swirl the shaving brush in the hard soap a few times until the brush is loaded with soap. You don’t need to work up a lather in the tin—the lather will develop on your beard.
- Develop a rich lather using circular motions across your beard until small bubbles develop and a lather starts to build.
- Shave using preferred razor.
- Rinse clean with cold water and apply aftershave or toner.
- Drain excess water from shave soap tin, let air dry, and replace lid on tin.
We've formulated our Hot-Pour Shave Soaps to provide such superior lubrication and razor glide that the high coconut oil content does not require use of pre-shave oils, but for those with sensitive skin or skin prone to over-drying, we offer quality beard oils and pre-shave oils here. Simply lather, shave, and rinse for the cleanest wet shave imaginable.
- Coconut oil to reduce inflammation aided by natural antimicrobial properties
- High concentration of vegetable-based glycerin provides superior skin hydration, especially important when used with safety razors
- Coconut oil and glycerin combine to add stability for creation of dense lather
- Concentrated formula allows our shave soaps to last longer than shave creams
- 150g soap
- Premium resealable tin
- No parabens, sulfates, or phthalates
- Made in the USA
Vegetable Based Stearic Acid, Distilled Water, Coconut Oil, Potassium Hydroxide, Vegetable Glycerin, Fragrance (Parfum), Limonene, Linalool, Coumarin, Geraniol, Eugenol, Citral, Evernia Prunastri (Oakmoss) Extract, Benzyl Benzoate, Citronellol, Hydroxycitronellal, Benzyl Salicylate, Farnesol, Benzyl Cinnamate
The natural ingredients in this shaving cream can be affected by extreme temperatures, and excessive heat during shipping or travel can cause the product to liquify. Place product in a cool location to solidify. This does not affect performance.
#6 shave soap
The experience went beyond what I thought possible. Your shave soap is superb. Absolutely no razor burn. Thank you for remaining true to your roots.
Number Six Shave Soap
I’ve been using Number Six after shave for a little while now and I am very pleased with the quality of the shave soap. It lathers like a soft soap or foam but lasts like a hard shave soap.
This shaving soap replaces one I used for years. It gives me a very close shave and it smells great.
Best Shave Soap
Cardwell Massey makes the best shave soap. Rich lather makes for a comfortable and close shave. Fragrance of Number 6 is wonderful.