Lake Essential Oil
Our Lake Multi-Purpose Oil blends organic argan and jojoba oils to create an all-natural moisturizer suitable for face, hair, and body that is light, non-greasy, and quickly absorbed by skin and hair.
The scent derives from the environs around Lake Yellowstone, a specular body of water in the heart of Yellowstone National Park. We selected the most fragrant of the surrounding rare botanicals to create our bright aquatic floral unisex blend, directly capturing the scent molecules without destroying the plant. Shrubby goldenweed, a native flowering bush that is able to compete with invasive species, has a lemony scent. We combine it with the citrus aroma of Yellowstone sand verbena, a plant that does not grow anywhere else in the world and is at risk of extinction. Rounded out with solar flower, lavender, and base notes of amber and plant-based musk, we think of it as mountain sunshine in a bottle.
Explore more of our skin and hair oils here and browse the complete Yellowstone Collection here.
Every purchase of products from the Yellowstone Forever Collection benefits our non-profit park partner Yellowstone Forever to ensure that Yellowstone National Park remains the incredible resource it is for generations to come.
- Apply a small amount directly to skin for use as a concentrated fragrance oil
- As a skin moisturizer, use as an all-over body and face moisturizer
- As a beard oil, warm a few drops in hands and smooth over beard and skin beneath to hydrate skin and hair, restore natural shine to hair, and tame beard's overall appearance
- As a hair moisturizer, massage into scalp with fingertips for a moisturizing, stimulating treatment that deeply moisturizes and lightly fragrances hair
- Argan oil has high levels of essential fatty acids that hydrate and strengthen skin tissue and condition hair and scalp
- Jojoba oil is similar to skin's natural oils, so it sinks in deeply to help moisturize and heal, and prevents hair dryness and damage
- A portion of proceeds supports Yellowstone Forever
- Made with natural essential oils produced with solar power
- Glass bottle and dropper included for ease of application
- No parabens, sulfates, or phthalates
- Made in the USA
Our Yellowstone Living Floral Collection features fragrances and oils made using living floral ingredients from Yellowstone National Park in partnership with Yellowstone Forever, the official non-profit partner of Yellowstone National Park.
Each purchase of these products supports Yellowstone Forever's mission of engagement and support through education and fundraising for the park, ensuring Yellowstone remains an incredible resource for future generations.
Buy it with
You may also like
I've had a good experience using this line.I use it on my hair and keeps it smelling fresh all day. I also like the Yellowstone soaps. We're all washing our hands many times during the day. And this soap is not drying.
Loved this scent
Noticeable but not overpowering. Lots of compliments
Way better than Caswell-Massey standard beard oil (multipurpose oil)
I would have given 5 stars but after being inspired by yellowstone series after testing "waterfall" I was impressed and had to try them all. Lake is okay, some of these scents are very feminine so I realize it's not a beard oil esclusively and thsi is were caswell massey fails (beard oil). The original version being sold (not yellowstone series) smells like flowers - nope.
Flowery on the front end,
Flowery on the front end, melding with spicy notes. I love a fragrance that isn't just one note, and this is delightfully complex. If I could improve it, I would make the scent longer-lasting. This is very fine!