Why use Body Butter?
For itchy, dry skin, the best moisturizer is one that's thick and heavy & can lock in moisture to provide conditioning through the day. Think heavy cold creams, emollients or 'Body Butters'!
Body butter is basically a super-concentrated lotion that contains less water & more butters and/or oils that result in a concentrated lotion. The concoction is usually too thick to be squirted through a pump and is often stored in jars. Just scoop out & slather it on.
Body Butters work perfectly for treating dry patches of skin on the heels, knees & elbows but also work amazingly well as an after bath moisturizer.
What makes the Caswell-Massey Body Butters so moisturizing?
Since our founding in 1752, we have always believed in using natural ingredients that are effective & have stood the test of time. Some of the ingredients that make our body butters thick and super moisturizing are:
- Shea Butter - Derived from the nut of the African Shea tree, found in Western and Central Africa, Shea butter is a beauty powerhouse. Containing beneficial fatty acids and with anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties, Shea Butter helps in the regeneration of skin cells & in enhancing the overall elasticity of the skin. All of this without leaving a greasy residue or an overwhelming scent.
- Mango seed Butter - Mangos are not only a delicious tropical fruit, but also work wonders for the skin. Mango butter contains ‘Triterpenes’ which are natural antioxidants. It also contains natural preservatives that help in protecting the skin’s youthful appearance and is also known for its effectiveness in clearing clogged pores.
- Coconut oil - The combination of anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, anti-bacterial and hydrating properties make coconut oil truly unique. With hydrating triglycerides, oleic acid, linoleic acid, & natural plant-based vitamin E, coconut oil works wonder in repairing the skin barrier, and in trapping water to hydrate the skin.
- Macadamia seed oil - The amount of naturally occurring palmitoleic acid (Omega 7) in the skin decreases with aging. Macadamia oil works to restore the skin's palmitoleic acid levels, keeping skin taut while discouraging wrinkle formation.
- Jojoba seed oil - Jojoba is actually not an oil but a liquid wax. It is found in the seeds/nuts of the Jojoba plant, an evergreen woody shrub plant that grows in hot areas, such as the desert of California, Arizona and Mexico. Jojoba oil is the only oil that closely resembles human sebum – an oily substance naturally produced by the oil glands below the skin surface. It is colorless, odorless and with a long shelf life, it is a perfect choice for those who prefer using natural products for their skin, hair and face care.
Caswell-Massey Body butters in 3 Signature Fragrances
Almond & Aloe
Warm & indulgent it is scent that is enjoyed by both men & women. Buy Now
Delicate, clean & refreshing. with the traditional soothing & relaxing benefits of lavender. Buy Now
Crisp, dry and refreshing, with a hint of lemon. Buy Now